It’s about that time of year. One year is coming to an end and a new one is about to begin. With that naturally means I’ll be putting together a few year-in-review type posts. But honestly, I can’t believe how fast 2011 has gone bye! From about April on, the year just disappeared!! Anywhoo.. back to the task at hand. Nicole has what she calls an “eff yeah” list of things she’s accomplished over the course of the year. This list is, “…that list of badass things you accomplished throughout the past 12 months – big and small – that makes you want to dance naked around the kitchen with pride.” Now I live with my sister and she may find naked-kitchen-dancing awkward (or maybe not, but that’s not really a discussion for right now) but I love the idea. There were a lot of great things that happened this year that I’m proud of and happy about!
Eff Yeah 2011
1. I PAID OFF MY CAR!!!
2. I moved to a great (also read: affordable) place to live to.
3. My bills/budget are now under control. I found a livable happy-place in regards to expenses.
4. Being able to get together with my DGs twice in a year makes it a fabulous year indeed.
5. Spending Opening and Closing Day with the Rangers was pretty awesome!
6. Cooking yummy (and still healthy) food has become quite a passion and something I’m pretty good at. I love my time spent in the kitchen!
7. I came to a decision as to where I want to be career-wise and am hopefully going to make that happen sooner than later.
8. At one point, I could do 10 regular-boy-style pushups in a row!
9. I bounced back from two pretty serious injuries without lasting complications other than a slightly crooked finger that doesn’t bend quite right… but who needs a straight finger, right?
10. Up until the past two months, I had been doing a great job of keeping this blog up-to-date.
11. And most importantly, I successfully made it a year with my “un-goals” approach and definitely am better for it. That being said, 2012 will see the return of resolutions .