3 months into 2012 and (in my humble opinion) I think I’ve done a pretty great job with my new years resolutions!
As a reminder, my 2012 resolutions were::
- Put at least $100 into my savings account each month
- Blog at least 2x per week
- Fold and put clean laundry away more quickly
- Complete 2 weights workouts each week
- Cut back on my caffeine habit (one per day on workdays and two per day on weekends)
- Meal plan
- Learn how to use my grill well
- Learn how to make bread and jelly from scratch
- Read 1 book per month
3 months in, how am I doing??
- Savings = Check! I’m 3/3 on this one, and so far I’ve been able to sock away more than just $100. Maybe that warrants an additional check?
- Blogging = Check! Here are all the blog posts from March
- Laundry = Check! (Again, ridiculously proud of this one. There really isn’t a reason my clean laundry used to sit in the dryer for so long!)
- Weights = Check! I made it to at least 2 bootcamp workouts a week, and the yoga I’ve started doing incorporates a lot of different moves that involves using your own body weight. My results from the month of March were pretty stellar! I’m so close to being back where I was before steroids/foot injury/finger breakage. It’s been over a year since I’ve felt like I was in shape, so I couldn’t be happier about this
- Caffeine Habit = Check check check! After a few rough days I successfully gave up my soda habit and have felt nothing but awesome since then. I’m beyond shocked by how much I really don’t miss it at all and wish I would have done it sooner.
- Meal plan = It’s still not a hard and rigid meal plan, but I have in mind the things I want to make when I do my twice-monthly grocery shopping. I’ve cut the amount of times I eat out by 2/3!
- Grill = Still epic fail, the weather has been rather awesome for the past few weeks so it should only be a few weeks before I bust the grill out for the first time this spring!
- Bread/Jelly = Still epic fail, I’m really going to have to sit down and carve out time if I have any intention of getting this one done this year
- Reading = Epic fail, but I got several hours of reading in this weekend. I think I just needed the push of a good book to get back in it
Let’s see what April brings!!