Now that my work-life has calmed down a bit and I can return to regular-life-activities.. it’s time I check back in on my resolutions. We’re a little over half-way through 2013 so I should be kicking @$$ and taking names at this point.. right?? Let’s just say I could be doing better…
- Travel more – Check!
- I’ve actually done a good job at getting out of Dallas in 2013.. I was thinking it was a fail until I sat down to write this. Between Sonoma, CA for Nadia’s bachelorette, Austin for Nadia’s wedding, then I went back to Napa over the 4th of July. I’m heading to Detroit (Royal Oak) next week, Indiana this weekend, New Orleans in September, and Los Angeles in October.
- Get back into running shape – Epic Fail!
- I was doing so well at this resolution in my last check-in.. and then I fell off the wagon. I moved apartments, and started biking more. It’s just under 15 miles to ride from my house, around the lake, and back. I was enjoying the change of pace.. and then things changed at work and I barely had time to sleep, let alone run. With the ASWS coming up here in just under 2 months, I’m going back to my spring HIIT workouts to get ready for it. #nerdalert
- Patience – Sort-of Check
- This is both a yes and a no. At work, I’ve been so crazy there was quite physically only so many thing I could worry about at a time because there was too much going on. I could only focus on a handful of tasks, get those completed, and move on. On that hand, BAM, knocked this one out of the park! In the personal life area I’ve actually lost a lot of my patience. I just don’t have time to deal with a lot of ridiculous drama/BS from people. Because I’ve had to prioritize my life to even get through the past few months, it’s done a great job of putting things in perspective, even if some of the answers surprised me a little.
- Debt – Epic Fail!
- This one makes me so sad.. because it was the one I was MOST proud of and truly dominating. May+June were really rough months. I got in a car accident (nothing bad, but just enough damage to need a new bumper.. being only the 2nd car accident I’ve ever been in, it was/is frustrating), then it was time for my annual tire replacement, then with weddings and wedding showers and baby showers expenses were higher. Then to top it all off, I could never make it to a grocery story before it closed, so I was eating out a lot. Not high-end places, but even Subway 5 days a week adds up! I’m unfortunately back to where I was at the beginning of 2013… but if I hadn’t built up my savings account and paid off as much as I did, I’d be in a lot worse situation now. I won’t hit the overall resolution to be out of debt by the end of the year, but I can be in a better place and really be done with it by the end of 2014. Live and learn and get better!
- Weights – Sort-of Check
- I haven’t been regular at. all. about it. But I’ve lifted weights about a dozen times since March. With the ASWS coming back up, I’m hitting it harder and work has calmed down so I have time to do it. I’m proud of what I was able to get in given everything going on.. though there were plenty of times I was just lazy and didn’t.
- Reading – CHECK!
- This one I’ve absolutely crushed since March. Between the entire 5-book Mortal Instruments series, Dirt in the Skirt, The Maze Runner, A Night to Remember and re-reading Sisterhood Everlasting, I’ve read 9 books in the last 3 months! Gone Girl is next on my list and I downloaded that yesterday. I hope it lives up to the hype.
- Blogging – Sort-of Check!
- There wasn’t a peep blog-wise from mid-May through early-July, but I did a decent job in April and early May, and have caught up somewhat on posts in the past week. I have a couple more queued up to go. The end of 2013 looks to be pretty even keeled, so I should be able to post regularly from here on out #littlevictories
I definitely have places to improve, but with only 2 that I’ve really crashed&burned on and given the circumstances over the past few months I’m ok with it. Ebbs and flows of life after all!