≡ Menu

2 bucket list items in 1 week!

Not to completely brag, but last week was one of those weeks where I was very much reminded how blessed I am! I got to knock two things off of my bucket list in a 5 day span!!

First up, I went to the NCAA National Championship Game with Marco and Puga. The game was out at Jerry-World. I’d never been to Jerry-World before, it really was an impressive site to see. It was HUGE! We got there about 45 minutes before the game started and joined the tailgate going on outside. We had just gotten our first round of beers when the vendors started announcing ‘last call’, so we did the only natural thing… Marco found a vendor and bought us each another 2 beers a piece. We went from 4 beers to 12 beers in a span of less than 5 minutes!! I was able to put down about 2 of those, and the boys took care of the rest!

                photo 1 (19)    photo 2 (18)

And the ginormous 60yd tv screen really was something to see!! I couldn’t believe how big it was! (TWSS) The tv was easily twice the size of the basketball court, or at least with perspective that’s how big it looked.

          photo 4 (1)   photo 3 (5)

The energy, the noise, everything about the game made it such a night to remember! Marco somehow got the tickets, so the cherry on top of all of it was that it was a FREE bucket list item with some of my oldest friends. The only only way this night could’ve possibly been any better would’ve been if Purdue was playing in it!

So Monday night, baller-status-basketball-game!

Then on Friday, I checked off another item! Dave got his pilot’s license a year or two ago. He’s logged over 100 hours in the air, and since he started taking lessons, I’ve whole-heartedly volunteered to be a passenger when he flies. Well Friday this finally came true! Dave took Jax and myself up, and we flew over across Lake Ray Hubbard and landed in Terrell, in Rockwall, and then came back to Addison.

    photo 1 (20)    photo 2 (19)

As Dave went through his pre-flight and while he was up in the air, he did a great job of explaining what he was doing, and what each of his displays did. Of course the uber-science-nerd in me thought it all was FASCINATING! I loved it!! Randomly Dave would throw out a question to see if I was paying attention… and the nerd in me was able to answer them all correctly. Points me!

       photo 4 (2)  photo 5 (1)

In Terrell, Jax and I traded seats and he rode up from with Dave and I moved to the back seat. The little Cessna 182 we were flying in definitely in was smoother than I was expecting. I was thinking we’d get blown around and it would be bumpy, but it really wasn’t bad until we were just about to land back in Addison. The up-down of the plane on the last descent really wasn’t playing nicely with my stomach. I was starting to get nauseated. Luckily we landed without incident. (I’m sure Dave was particularly pleased I didn’t get sick!)

Anyone who gets the chance to go up in a little plane, absolutely should! I had a great time and it was really neat to get to see the city from another point of view. (Ps- we were only up about 3,000ft in the air, we were well under commercial airline traffic)

                     photo 3 (6)

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment