Like the past few years, with the end of the year wrapping up it’s time to sit down and look back through the awesome things I’ve been fortunate enough to be a part of this year. I’ve done this the past few years (2011, 2012, 2013) and because I’m the sappy-sap I am, I have a good time reminiscing through the fun times of the year. This list is, “…that list of badass things you accomplished throughout the past 12 months – big and small – that makes you want to dance naked around the kitchen with pride.” This year was a mix of high-highs and low-lows, but on the whole it was a great year. I grew and learned a lot in 2014, bring on 2015!!
So without further ado, here is my list of things that made me say “EFF YEAH” in 2014!
1. I pretty much picked up and moved across the country to Michigan! I still need to work out some details and it’s not technically done-deal, but even if I go back at this point, the opportunity came up and I jumped on it and got in my car.
2. I went to the NCAA National Championship Basketball game in Dallas!
3. Dave took me and Jax up in his airplane and we flew around Dallas in a little propeller plane – SO cool!
5. I spent the entire summer traveling around
6. I finally got to paddleboard on the west side of Michigan in Lake Michigan!
7. I finally tried Crossfit and (not surprising!) I really liked it. We’ll see how long I’ll be able to push my body like that, but it’s been fun so far.
8. My sister asked me to be her Maid of Honor in her wedding next year!!
9. Enjoying the ASWS even more than last year, which I didn’t think was possible! Each year gets better and better. This year having played with the Team Detroit team all summer, it was so fun to know two teams so well.
10. Getting another holiday season with my entire family together! With both siblings engaged and my grandparents getting older, I’m not sure how much longer that will be as feasible.
11. Staying healthy and active all year – I know people say it, but it’s such a true thing that you feel so much better.
12. Pushed myself WAY OUT of my comfort zone so many times this year! In ways I don’t even know how to list out!
13. Deuces to the soda habit!!!
14. Professionally took some huge strides forward in my career. I worked my butt off the past few years and I’m so much further ahead of where I was last year that I’m excited to see what happens in the next year.